Friday, November 16, 2012

I love my coworkers

We use Skype for communication at work. The following took place in the "free-for-all" sort of chat. Names changed (using names from How I Met Your Mother because why not) to protect the guilty. :)


Barney:
Okay. I like me some coffeescript:

Ted
thanks for that perl of wisdom

Me
this is some interesting Smalltalk

Let's C where it goes

Ted
HOPEfully no one bashes these puns

Me
They're pretty Groovy

Ted
oh R they?

Lily
A rare Perl, I say

Marshall
these puns are way too BASIC

Me
This was just the Prolog. Let me sip some Cocoa while we discuss our Newspeak.

Lily
Stop bashing our puns

Ted
you just reused one lily....already getting JADEd

Me
B cool. We're a kind Assembly here

Lily
I need more Java, probably

Some jokes are Magik

They help you FOCUS

Ted
How many puns do we have? If we can go to 20 it'll be a Mirahcle

Robin
it's like Mr. Rogers said:  Won't Ruby my neighbor.

Lily
He was Objective, C?

Robin
I'd love to see the SQL to that show

Me
They really toned down the Scala, gave it a new Scheme. 

Ted
Yeah, he doesnt even talk to neighbors anymore, just the Squirrels. A lot of Squeaking.

They were going to include turtles, but the script didn't work with their shell. Something about the logo.

Me
just watch out for an ASP.Nets are good for catching them.  

or even a python

Ted
or even a Cobra!

Robin
man don't make that snake the Pascal lamb of this conversation.  We have sacrificed enough here

Me
should we stay, or should we Go

Ted
eh, either way I'm Flexible, can be out in a Flash.

Robin
at the sound of the shebang, everyone Go!

Lily
Spoken with a lisp

Marshall
the hyundai COBOLt cars are kinda ugly

Ted
They have a bit of a SPARK

Me
just stay sharp, ya C?

Well, it seems this discussion has reached a Clojure.


~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Conversations such as these are not uncommon. And everyone wins with puns.

Melody

No comments:

Post a Comment